Saturday, January 11, 2014

Excited About Capers?




This morning I woke up from a dream of donuts.  I wasn't actually eating them but I was watching the kids stuff their faces while I rifled through a salad, excited about capers.  Excited about capers?  Hmmm.

When I woke the kids wanted waffles, one with Nutella (one of my favorite things ever).  So I hurried through making their breakfast and made us all a fruit smoothie.  I took my small portion of smoothie with me as I headed to the shower, trying to escape the sweet, warm smell of waffles.  "You can do this!" I coached myself. 

Then I saw the scale staring at me, remembering I've vowed to only weigh once a month.  "I could use some encouragement." I tell myself but as I am stepping on, my eyes are closed and I am in a battle of "Don't do it Christy!  You won’t have lost or worse you will have gained and then no one will be able to stop you from sprinting for that Nutella jar.  Don't look, I beg you!!!"  I opened one eye and peeked over my protruding belly and saw 211 staring back at me. 

Now, I know for most that would have been reason to run for the Nutella, but for me it was victory.  Nine pounds gone in eleven days is phenomenal, when all you've seen is weight gain for years.  I am so excited and even more determined. 


 
 

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! You avoided temptation AND you are making progress! I am so proud of you. Keep at it girl! It gets easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the encouragement. My new frustration is what I hope is water weight. I am up 4 pounds but still going strong with the plan. Thanks again!

      Delete