Saturday, March 29, 2014

My Hips Don't Lie


“Lose weight, feel great!” … Lose weight, feel great?  Yeah right.  I feel okay but I am also frustrated.  A weak, pouty moment in the journey of my life; but hey, we are all entitled to a few.  Right?
 
I have been on the no carb journey since January 1st and have had some success in weight loss, but it is slow going.  I’ve lost a total of 16 pounds, which is fantastic, yet I haven’t lost a single pound this month.  This month I lost a meager 3”.  THREE INCHES!  That doesn’t seem worth the effort, (although I am now accustomed to eating this way, so it isn’t really much of a sacrifice). 

I did a little research and stumbled onto this article by Kris Gunnars, titled “15 Reasons You Are Not Losing Weight on a Low-Carb Diet”.  It was really eye opening, as well as encouraging.  The first point is “You are losing fat, you just don’t realize it”.  It points out to pay attention to other clues besides the scale, such as how your clothes fit.  Are you close baggier?  Do you look slimmer? Yes and yes.  Then you are losing fat.  YAY!

It also pointed out a few of my boo-boos.  Bye-bye Atkins Bars.  Mornings are usually hurried so I am quick to grab a bar for breakfast, but now I may have to boil some eggs and keep them in the fridge for something quick to grab. 

Another biggie is almost unconscious but I have to say sayonara to stress.  My life has been a whirl wind of scattered activity lately and it is starting to take a toll on my sanity.  This moody, horrible lady has taken over my body.  I am crabby, exhausted and frustrated to the max.  Every little thing sets me off into a frenzy of tears or defensiveness.  I am beginning to wonder if my thyroid has gone on hiatus.  (Taking a trip to the doctor next week just to be sure).  I am lucky to have a patient husband and a sweet mom I can confide in, but I am anxious to get back to my old self…hopefully soon!

All I can do is take it one day at a time, keep putting in the work and continue to hope for the best.  I know eventually I will come out the other side happier and healthier.  My body is already giving me clues and guilty pleasure in random songs that get stuck in my head, as if subconsciously my brain is cheering me on.  Today it was “Hips Don’t Lie” by Shakira, which ironically is where those 3” came from. 



 
 
Hopefully, my next report will have more positive news, as well as some exciting book updates.  I am waiting for the release date on Swim and just found out that Parallel will be going to AUDIO!!!  All of these tidbits and more, coming to you soon!  Until then, thanks for stopping by and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment