Saturday, October 11, 2014

Speed Bump Ahead


Well, I’ve been delaying this announcement, but after recent news it is inevitable.  My publisher is merging with a new company and I was given the option of going along with the merger or reclaiming the work for myself.  After careful consideration, I’ve decided to recover my work. 

What does this mean?   Just another hurdle. I will be taking back the four books previously published by Silver Knight Publishing, LLC, (Lilac Hill, Parallel, Unchanged, & Swim), which means they will be removed from the market for a short time. 

Is there any animosity over the merger?  No, absolutely not.  Silver Knight Publishing, LLC put their faith in me as a writer and I am forever indebted to them.  My experience with them has taught me a great deal and has also provided me with a vote of confidence, I desperately needed. 

I wouldn’t be completely honest, if I didn’t say I was a little sad.  I’ve forged a relationship with the artists, editors, fellow authors and other members of staff, which I will miss immensely.  Not to mention the loss of prestige that comes with having an actual publishing contract, but C'est la vie. 

 

“If you find a path with no obstacles,

it probably doesn't lead anywhere.”

~Frank A. Clark

 

So what happens now?  I move forward.  I get these four titles back out on shelves as quickly as possible, self-published of course, (because no publisher wants pre-published work).  Then, I push myself harder on future work and try to do something I’ve put off for a long time…find an agent or a new publisher. 

So, for now, I wish to thank each and every one of you for your support, patience and most of all your reading.  I hope to produce some exciting titles in the future and am optimistic for what lies ahead. 

 


1 comment:

  1. You will do great! And all the Christy's and variations thereof are beside you

    ReplyDelete